Saturday, September 6, 2014

Cinnamon Protein Waffles

So I have been craving waffles. I went on line and tried to find a healthy recipe. They all sounded weird. I didn't want Greek yogurt or anything like that, so I made my own recipe. I am extatic that it turned out amazing the first try!! So I decided to share it with you! 



Cinnamon Protein Waffles
Make 2-3 waffles
Ingredients:
1/2 cup instant oats
1 scoop cinnamon protein (or vanilla)
1/2 cup wheat flour
3 egg whites/1 whole egg
1/3 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp water (if needed to thin)
Cinnamon to taste (if you used vanilla protein powder add extra)
1/2 banana (optional)(I did not add one bc I didn't have any, but I think it would have made it more moist)

Mix all ingredients in a Blender until smooth.  Spray heated waffle iron with cooking spray then add mixture. Cook to desired color (3-5 minutes) 

Use Walden Farms Sugar Free Syrup (DELICIOUS)! Cut some fresh strawberries to eat with. Maybe some scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon! 
I suggest doubling or tripling the batter and freezing the extras. Pop half in the Toaster to reheat for a quick easy breakfast or snack!

Nutrition info:
1 waffle
Calories: 157
Fat: 2.5
Protein: 12.7
Carbs: 14.6

Syrup:


ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment